This episode was pre-recorded for airing on KWTF Sonoma County Radio for May 12, 2015. In this episode, we make take a journey through many of the big comedic influences of Spilling Rubies.
- Singing in the Bathtub by Frank Luther, Leonard Joy & The High Hatters (1929)
- Masculine Women! Feminine Men! by Irving Kaufman (1926)
- Lydia, the Tattooed Lady by Groucho Marx (1959)
- I’m Tired by Madeline Kahn from the film Blazing Saddles (1974)
- The Audition/I Love to be Unhappy by Gilda Radner (1980)
- an excerpt from the film Clue by Madeline Kahn (1985)
- Roseanne Roseannadanna by Gilda Radner (1979)
- Having an Average Weekend by Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet (1990)
- I’m Gay! by Joe Sealy & Scott Thompson (1996)
- When I Held Your Brain in my Arms from Terror From the Year 5000 [episode 807 of Mystery Science Theater 3000] (1997)
- Stonehenge by Spinal Tap (1984)
- Bitties in the BK Lounge by De La Soul (1991)
- Business Time by Flight of the Conchords (2007)
- Shrimp & White Wine by Tim & Eric (2008)
- WRMS: Cat’s in Control by De La Soul (1991)
- *sad trumpet*
Please feel free to rate and subscribe and do all the things the robots like to push us up the ladder on I-Tunes at https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/spilling-rubies/id928952261
And please support KWTF! Without this DIY Community Radio, I would have no ship in which to sail. Just $10 a month can mean the difference between staying afloat and sinking!
Thank you for your support!