This episode was pre-recorded for airing on KWTF Sonoma County Radio for October 20, 2015. In this episode, we catch up with what has been happening in Tristy’s life, which includes a lot of grief and loss.
- From Stardust to Sentience by High Places
- I Wish I Was the Moon by Neko Case
- How Can You Mend a Broken Heart? by Al Green
- I Have Always Been Here Before by Roky Erickson
- Please Read Me by Nina Simone
- Is There a Ghost? by Band of Horses
- Magnificent Sadness by The Growlers
- See My Friends by Richard Thompson
- A Feeling by Throwing Muses
- Hey Govinda, Hey Gopala by Jagjit & Chitra Singh
Books, articles and poems referenced:
- A Field Guide to Getting Lost by Rebecca Solnit
- Megan Devine’s Refuge in Grief
- The Sun Magazine interview with Francis Weller, called The Geography of Sorrow: Francis Weller on Navigating Our Loses by Tim McKee
- The poetry of John O’Donohue
Other resources on Grief & Loss:
- How to Be a Friend in Deed by Bruce Feiler in the New York Times
- 12 Things to Know About the First Year of Grieving Someone You Can’t Live Without by Laurie Costanza in Elephant Magazine
Thanks for listening! Don’t forget to stay connected on all the social media places!
Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, 8Tracks, Pinterest, SoundCloud
Please feel free to rate and subscribe and do all the things the robots like to push us up the ladder on I-Tunes at https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/spilling-rubies/id928952261
And please support KWTF! Without this DIY Community Radio, I would have no ship in which to sail. Just $10 a month can mean the difference between staying afloat and sinking!
Thank you for your support!
Kathryn Taylor said:
This was so beautiful. Thank you.